Responsibly Raised: means taking care of our animals.
• Cows and sheep graze pastures and eat hay exclusively, the food that best suits their ruminant stomachs.
• Cows and sheep range across open pasture from birth to market, rather than live in confinement. This allows them to stay healthy and live free of antibiotics.
• Cows, sheep and pigs grow naturally, at nature’s pace, without growth-producing hormones.
• Cows, sheep and pigs live outdoors in Lowland Farm’s fields and woods during spring, summer and fall. Pigs shelter in barns in winter.
• Pigs live on the fruits of their foraging and feed that is free of antibiotics and other supplements.
• Living in the open air, pigs enjoy their natural activities: rooting and running, digging up the soil to select the natural nutrients their bodies need.